mBot is a STEAM education robot for beginners, that makes teaching and learning robot programming simple and fun. With just a screwdriver, the step by step instructions, and a study schedule, children can build a robot from scratch and experience the joys of hands-on creation. As they go, they will learn about a variety of robotic machinery and electronic parts, get to grips with the fundamentals of block-based programming, and develop their logical thinking and design skills.
Leveling up coding skills through gameplays
Round 1 - Playing with the controls
There are two ways in which you can direct mBot without the need for programming. 1. Open the Makeblock App. With one click you can use the remote control driving function, voice control or the "Draw and Run" function. 2. Use the Makeblock Bluetooth Controller to control mBot. There are 15 buttons and 2 joysticks, making its operation smooth and easy. Positive experiences operating the robot can help children form a bond with mBot quickly, and further stimulate their interest in programming.
Round 2 - Gamified learning
Together with the mBlock Blockly App, program your mBot to unlock coding skill by simply dragging and dropping the command blocks. Your mBot answers your commands to accomplish game tasks, making learning and playing one and the same.
Round 3 - Advanced programming
Want to learn more skills? Try mBlock. Simply drag and combine command modules like building blocks to control the movements of mBot. You can also switch to Ardunio C text-based programming with one click, to continue advancing your skills. If you want to wirelessly link mBot to your computer, you can use the Makeblock Bluetooth Dongle to speed up the programming.
Features of the mBot include:
- Easy build: With 38 mechanical parts and color-labeled ports for convenient wiring, the mBot can be build in 20 minutes, giving users a fun and hands on DIY experience which can later inspire them to build more.
- Graphical programming: mBot uses the popular drag-and-drop programming software mBlock which provides a quick way to learn programming, control the robot and realize multiple functions for the robot.
- Compatible with Arduino: With mBlock being the first Scratch-based programming software that can upload programs to Arduino-based boards, mBot works with Arduino like charm.
- Infinite Extensibility: You can use any mechanical parts and electronic modules you need to turn the mBot into your "dream robot". The mechanical body of the mBot is also compatible with most Lego parts.
- Rich online courses: To help teachers, parents, or children get started easier and faster, Makeblock has developed manuals, e-books, online tutorial videos to encourage children's creativity.
The color update of the mBot comes on the heels of Makeblock's first Drone release, Airblock, a modular, programmable starter drone that can convert to a hovercraft in seconds. Airblock has raised more than $520K on Kickstarter and is available now for pre-order starting at $99. The perfect gift for kids, kids at heart and hobbyists.
Makeblock continues to establish its name in the STEM education field with more than 500 metal parts, electronic modules as well as software and over 20 robot kits to more than 140 countries around the world.
|Compatibility||Compatible with Makeblock products and other building bricks|
|Dimensions||170 × 130 × 90 mm (L × W × H) assembled|
|Sensors||Light Sensor, Button, IR Receiver, Ultrasonic Sensor, Line Follower Sensor|
|Power Supply||3.7V Lithium Battery|
|Main Control Board/ Chip||ATmega328|
|Other Programmable Modules||Buzzer, RGB LED × 2, IR Transmitter, Motor × 2|